From sketches of projects, to full working drawings of extensions, new buildings and remodelling: we can provide quality drawings to put your ideas and dreams onto the screen:
- Feasibility studies and estimates of building costs.
- New buildings of all types.
- Extensions and alterations.
- Loft conversions
- Barn conversions.
- Maintenance and refurbishment of all building types.
- Restoration and extension of period properties, including Listed buildings.
If it needs permission, whether under Town and Country Planning, Listed Building, or Building Regulations, we can submit and negotiate your applications to guide you through the legislation
- Town & Country Planning applications, including Listed Building and Conservation Area Consent applications.
- Building Regulations applications and Building Notices, in partnership with Southern Building Control Partnership.
- Advice on, and submission of Town & Country Planning Appeals.
- Certificate of Lawful Existing Use applications.
- Advice on Health and Safety Regulations, including acting as Principal Designer under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
If you're building close to a boundary, or if a neighbour is intending to work close to your boundary, we can provide a full service as Building/Adjoining Owners'
Surveyor or as Agreed Surveyor:
- Serving notice to build on a line of junction or to work on a party structure.
- Serving notice of adjacent excavation within three metres or six metres.
- Acting as Building Owner's Surveyor to agree a Party Wall Award for your building project.
- Acting as Adjoining Owner's Surveyor to agree a Party Wall Award for your neighbour's building project.
- Acting as Agreed Surveyor, to prepare an Award for your, or your neighbour's, building project.
- Preparing a condition survey of the Adjoining Owner's property, prior to building works starting, and checking it off after completion.
Whether you need a Building Survey of a new house, a Condition Survey of an property you already own, or a specific building defect put right, we can give you a prompt, professional survey and
- House Purchase Reports and Building Surveys of all property types.
- Condition surveys of existing property portfolio stocks.
- Measured surveys of land and buildings.
- Diagnosis of building defects including subsidence and dampness, and specification of remedial works.
To make sure your builders' quotes are as comparable as possible, we can put together a specification for your project, with the finishings, fixtures and fittings you have selected, to
help you compare the prices you receive:
- Specification of building or repair works.
- Advice on suppliers for kitchens, bathrooms, windows, doors, etc.
- Seeking competitive tenders from local builders suited to the project.
- Analysis of tenders received.
Once you have your price and your builder, we can administer the contract on site, using industry standard contracts, to give you peace of mind:
- Regular site inspections of work in progress.
- Site meetings with clients, builders, Building Control, Planning, and other consultants as necessary during the works.
- Valuation of work completed, so you only pay for the work that's been done.
- Valuation of variations and changes of instruction, to avoid overpaying for "extras".
- Pre-handover snagging of works.
- Inspection of contract defects at the end of the Rectification Period (usually twelve months from completion).
- Monitoring of work in progress for mortgagees, on behalf of mortgage lenders.
- Or, if you prefer, ad-hoc visits to site as needed.
If something goes wrong with your property, we can help:
- Calculation of building replacement values for insurance purposes.
- Negotiation of insurance claims for fire, storm and structural damage etc., and co-ordination of reinstatement work.
- Providing services as Expert Witness in court, on construction and property disputes.